HOW IMPORTANT IS IT FOR AN ARTIST TO HAVE PUBLISHED AN ART CATALOG?
The answer is simple: so much, maybe too much. In a complex and varied market such as that of contemporary art, it is necessary to have the right tools to allow you to differentiate yourself. Publishing a catalog means investing in one’s own artistic activity. Believing in a project that can aspire to become something more than just a passion. INVENTORY is not a simple contemporary art catalog. It is rather a book that documents unpublished and never realized or exhibited projects by international artists. For this special edition, we select the best ideas, utopias and works with free theme, that a contemporary artist would like to see displayed in a large museum or in an art collection. Works that tell the vision of the artist and his-her visionary world.
An inventory that as the name implies, is a new way of conceiving art in its marvelous expressive forms, accompanied by captivating graphics, an elegant colophon, critical texts on the works, complete captions, biographies and much more. An example of how art and design travel on the same wave, with the choice of fine art paper for an excellent visual result. INVENTORY will be made in two languages: Italian and English. A general presentation by editor and by curator will open the doors to this wonderful edition divided into different sessions and mediums. Easy to read and to share.
An inventory created to be collected, given, disseminated, through the media and the public, during meetings, conferences, exhibitions and more. This publication helps the artists to get in touch with collectors, journalists, curators, gallery owners and museum spaces who will be able to commission or acquire new work. An inventory, which becomes an added value for collectors interested in new works, for galleries that want to know new artists, for artists who want to publish their unpublished projects. See our catalogs here
How does it work?
To whom it is addressed – Artists, architects, filmmakers, designers and performers in any degree of their career are welcome to submit works.
Projects/works – Visual Art, public art, installations, large-scale projects, all media and new media are accepted with free sizes works. All works and projects must be of high quality and they have never been published in catalogs or exhibit are welcome. Free size works.
Advantage and Facilities –Publication offers the reader the opportunity to learn about unpublished works created by the artist or large-scale projects that can be commissioned for. Furthermore, it offers performers the opportunity to be known and to find new clients.
Where it will be advertised:
- National and International Social Networks, Magazines and Websites (link to download);
- Press releases to journalists, curators, galleries, museums, collectors, art school, audience;
- Free printed copies owner galleries, foundations and museums in Italy.
Book Promotion campaign – Visual works of art / draft-projects / drawings can be purchased during the book promotion campaign, and this will be an added value for all collectors who like to have the purchased work published. PPLG does not take any commission on the sale of the works or on the contacts that the artists will have with their clients.
What you can publish and what we offer about that
- Your best work / idea on full or half color page, to immediately show you what you can do;
- Captions and price (alternatively we can write price upon demand);
- A critical review of the exhibited works and a brief biography with your photo profile and link to your website / contacts;
- Texts in Italian and English Language;
- 5-10 free copies;
- Kit Press newspaper, magazine and so on;
- PDF version to download and share;
AWARD & FELLOWSHIP
Our mission is to promote contemporary artistic culture. The interest and passion for art goes beyond national borders with the presentation of exhibitions and art catalogs around the world. The challenge that continues to animate us is to spread ideas and cultures while keeping up with the times. With over twenty years of history, we combine creative skills with contemporary languages. Among participants, a scientific committee composed by curator, collectors, journalists and museum directors will select n. 9 best projects/works who will receive Award & Fellowship as:
- Free participation in a group exhibition in Italy, to exhibit your works / drafts (including new catalog);
- Identity Interview with art curator and works published on the Discover Art Journal website;
- Full Web Page on the Primo Piano Special Projects website in the network session.
Participants will be notified about AWARD & FELLOWSHIP twelve days after the deadline. All artists will be posted on Primo Piano Special Projects website together winning artists.
Copy Right & Usage Rights – Artist retains all copyrights to their own images. Artists whose photographs are accepted for INVENTORY grant us the nonexclusive right to use and reproduce submitted photographs for the purpose of promoting the book, promoting the artist, promoting related programs and subsequent display on website, social media and online exhibition archives.
How to apply:
- No fee is required for the selection of works / projects, during the acceptance phase. There are no limits for sending proposals.
- Ask for Full Guideline and Application Form and send portfolio works + CV + link website by email at email@example.com
About us – Primo Piano Edition is a cultural collaboration and innovation management that strengthens transnational connections among civil society actors in Europe and beyond. PPLG offers a space to build real, meaningful and sustainable relationships that can grow through shared social interests, enthusiasm for creative discovery and the joy of making new things happen together. At PPLG, we believe that these new initiatives are important creators of social good.