Carlo Bernardini

Short bio

Carlo Bernardini was born in Viterbo in 1966. He started out his career in the early 90s with an abstract painting that concentrated on the dialectical relationship between line and monochrome, diversified moments of representative conception of space-light. In 2000, 2005 and 2010 he received a grant “Overseas Grantee” from the Pollock – Krasner Foundation of New York, and in 2002 the prize Targetti Art Light Collection “White Sculpture”.

He works with optic fiber since 1996; he has created and installed permanent public sculptures in stainless steel and optic fibers in various Italian cities, and in 1996 and 2003 he has installed site specific works at the XII and XV Quadriennial National of Rome. He has created environmental public installations in optic fibers in various international cities, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rio De Janeiro, New York, Valencia, The Hague – L’Aia. In 2010 Bernardini is invited to the XIII edizione of “Luci d’Artista” (Artist’s Lights), in Turin.

Carlo Bernardini is devoted to the dialectic relation between lines and monochrome, representing different moments of the figurative conception of space and light. The painstaking path of abstraction, far from being a sole intellectual strategy, is a gradual research of the line element in order to conquer its essence, as if to trace the invisible. His visual research is currently developed by means of environmental installations in optic fibers. He currently teaches at the Fine Arts Academy of “Brera” in Milan. He lives and works both in Rome and Milan.
Video documentary
LA SCULTURA ITALIANA DEL XXI SECOLO
TWISTER – CODICE SPAZIALE
LA RIVINCITA DELL’ANGOLO, MACRO MUSEUM, ROME
ART NEWS RAI 3 
http://www.arte.rai.it/articoli/carlo-bernardini/1523/default.aspx
CATALIZZATORI DI LUCE

Questo slideshow richiede JavaScript.